- Celebrate one of the most biodiverse areas in our world’s ocean this Aug. 2-8 by Getting Into Your Monterey Bay Nat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Check out this @cnni report on the significance of CA’s kelp losses and some of the efforts being taken on to resto… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Key to defending our coastal kelp is the recovery of the southern sea otter. For e.g. pioneering studies in the Ale… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @SeaOtterSavvy: Is there any doubt which #animalolympian should win the gold medal for team backstroke? 🏊🏅🦦 #Olympics2021 #goldmedalist… 2 days ago
- RT @CA_Waterkeepers: Unregulated #CAFOs wash harmful bacteria & nutrients into CA's waterways that make harmful algal blooms (#HABs) worse… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Sea otter art and culture
The California Coastal commission recently posted the winners of their annual Coastal Art & Poetry Contest. We post a lot of serious issues here on the blog and sometimes the perspective of a child says a lot more than a … Continue reading
I was cleaning up our website and came across this picture in our kids art gallery. In light of recent events, I thought I would share it with you. No other words are neccessary. Thanks Natalia!
Those of you who attended last years sea otter art show The Otter Zone might remember this guy: This great shot was featured right in the center of last years’ show. It’s by Sebastian Kennerknecht, a local wildlife photographer who … Continue reading
It was a busy week here at The Otter Project–there’s a lot of movement in the oceans and some big projects impacting sea otters and their habitat will be coming down the pipes soon. This Thursday I attended the Southern … Continue reading
As the only non-profit dedicated solely to saving the California sea otter, we are frequently contacted by students or educators who are interested in learning more about the sea otter and what they can do to help. We believe everyone … Continue reading
Yes, otters have started on the path to world domination, which everyone knows begins with a dramatic, high speed chase out of your carrier onto the airport tarmac. Bemused newscasters from the Columbus news report the story here on Ohio’s … Continue reading
This is a delightful little documentary about sea otters in Canada. It has lovely footage of otters, the beautiful Canadian coastline, and my favorite line describing the bottom of the sea: “a fantastic bouillabaisse of life”. The film also asks some hard questions … Continue reading
Not too long ago The Otter Project worked with a local teacher who had some students interested in doing a project on the no otter zone. The students were participating in a GATE project, and they wanted to learn about … Continue reading
Check out a selection of phots from The Otter Zone opening reception! You can see the entire album on facebook (no login required)–while you’re there, become a fan of The Otter Project!