- What's the most important thing you can do for otters right now? You really otter vote! Please vote and encourage others to do the same. 1 year ago
- I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. From my heart, THANK YOU! While we know otters are e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Good news for sea otters! The United States Supreme Court has denied the appeal of sea urchin fishermen. The no-o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Good Morning Everyone! It has been a while and I'll try to do much better. I know I am about to anger a few peopl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @ELJCGGU: otterproject.org/what-we-do/pro… "The #Otter Project is opposing California’s Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund legislation, unle… 2 years ago
Category Archives: Sea otter art and culture
The California Coastal commission recently posted the winners of their annual Coastal Art & Poetry Contest. We post a lot of serious issues here on the blog and sometimes the perspective of a child says a lot more than a … Continue reading
I was cleaning up our website and came across this picture in our kids art gallery. In light of recent events, I thought I would share it with you. No other words are neccessary. Thanks Natalia!
Those of you who attended last years sea otter art show The Otter Zone might remember this guy: This great shot was featured right in the center of last years’ show. It’s by Sebastian Kennerknecht, a local wildlife photographer who … Continue reading
It was a busy week here at The Otter Project–there’s a lot of movement in the oceans and some big projects impacting sea otters and their habitat will be coming down the pipes soon. This Thursday I attended the Southern … Continue reading
As the only non-profit dedicated solely to saving the California sea otter, we are frequently contacted by students or educators who are interested in learning more about the sea otter and what they can do to help. We believe everyone … Continue reading
Yes, otters have started on the path to world domination, which everyone knows begins with a dramatic, high speed chase out of your carrier onto the airport tarmac. Bemused newscasters from the Columbus news report the story here on Ohio’s … Continue reading
This is a delightful little documentary about sea otters in Canada. It has lovely footage of otters, the beautiful Canadian coastline, and my favorite line describing the bottom of the sea: “a fantastic bouillabaisse of life”. The film also asks some hard questions … Continue reading
Not too long ago The Otter Project worked with a local teacher who had some students interested in doing a project on the no otter zone. The students were participating in a GATE project, and they wanted to learn about … Continue reading
Check out a selection of phots from The Otter Zone opening reception! You can see the entire album on facebook (no login required)–while you’re there, become a fan of The Otter Project!