Interesting article in a Japanese newspaper this week about an urchin fishery in Hokkaido and their local sea otter population. Sea otters love urchin which makes them unpopular guests in those waters. Having similar issues here on the central coast of CA, we were wondering when this would pop up. It looks like sea otters are the posterchild for lessons of balance and cooperation – again. MPA’s get a shout out as well!
- While white sharks may play a role in dampening the otter population's expansion, it is important to remember... fb.me/J0Wqho3G 10 months ago
- Happy #FunFactFriday! Did you know six million years ago, otters the size of wolves roamed prehistoric China?... fb.me/1G93RK23q 10 months ago
- Sea otters are one of many species who have benefited from the protections of the Endangered Species Act.... fb.me/8lEAOvECp 10 months ago
- Check out this article exploring the relationship between sea otters and sea grass in Elkhorn Slough. Otters seem... fb.me/1C2oXNg8f 10 months ago
- Don't be crabby on this lovely Tuesday morning, enjoy this great photo from our Pt. Lobos survey site instead!... fb.me/19xWrabjN 10 months ago