Interesting article in a Japanese newspaper this week about an urchin fishery in Hokkaido and their local sea otter population. Sea otters love urchin which makes them unpopular guests in those waters. Having similar issues here on the central coast of CA, we were wondering when this would pop up. It looks like sea otters are the posterchild for lessons of balance and cooperation – again. MPA’s get a shout out as well!
- Hi Everyone! The Otter Project depends on the generosity of its supporters and donors to fund our work... fb.me/1KdkZKIOV 2 months ago
- While white sharks may play a role in dampening the otter population's expansion, it is important to remember... fb.me/J0Wqho3G 1 year ago
- Happy #FunFactFriday! Did you know six million years ago, otters the size of wolves roamed prehistoric China?... fb.me/1G93RK23q 1 year ago
- Sea otters are one of many species who have benefited from the protections of the Endangered Species Act.... fb.me/8lEAOvECp 1 year ago
- Check out this article exploring the relationship between sea otters and sea grass in Elkhorn Slough. Otters seem... fb.me/1C2oXNg8f 1 year ago